Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thing #16, Get Organized


The start page that I used was that of Google.  I used this one because I use Google on a regular basis and I have two email accounts with them.  I will make this my permanent homepage because it is pleasing to the eye and it automatically connects me to news that interests me without bombarding me with a bunch of information that will all go unnoticed. 

The online calendar that I set up was with Google as well since I have a few accounts with Google already.  This widget will come in handy if I am connected to the internet a majority of the time. Unfortunately, I have not yet upgraded to a smart phone so the only time I am connected to the internet is when I am on my laptop.  Yet and still, this widget can still serve purpose if I find myself on the computer for an extended period of time and something has slipped my mind.  If I updated my online calendar, I will get a notice and thus, my original plan will have been salvaged. 

The online To-Do List is very convenient if you have s smart phone.  Otherwise it will not do one too much good.  It is definitely worth the time to set up if you have a mobile device to take advantage of the service though.  Too bad I am still in the “stone age” era of cellular devices. 

These applications can definitely serve a great purpose, especially, if you have them via smart phone.  Many times wireless phones and other mobile wireless devices have to-do lists and calendars built in it already, however, being able to sync your information from your phone to your laptop for easy modification or vice versa seems like a more convenient method of managing your day.  I would use these features if I had a smart phone and I would definitely recommend the use of these applications to anyone in school or who has a daily busy schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment