Monday, February 11, 2013

Thing # 2

This task was not as easy as I thought. I do not believe that I correctly added the avatar. I have no prior experiences with blog spots. I used to write in a journal booklet but that is the extent of my blogging experience, if you can consider that. I never titled the pages or certain events in my journal so determining a post name was a little more tedious than I would have liked as well.

However, I decided on a name based on the activity that I was engaged in. This activity was not particularly difficult except when I tried to equip the Doppelme avatar to the blog. I feel as if the instructions were not totally coherent with what the program was allowing me to do. However, I am sure that I was just in the wrong spot on a particular page. Still, I will consider this a particularly easy assignment. Deciding on the look of an avatar is not too challenging... unless you are awfully indecisive.

I was rather certain on my avatar. I knew I wanted him to portray what I may look or dress like as a teacher. The avatar does reflect my personality. I imagine that I will make a few surprised faces within my greener time of experience; not knowing exactly what to expect. I will dress professional, business-casual, or at least presentable on a daily basis. The avatar represents me as closely as possible given the features available.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your avatar. Just from looking at him I can get a sense of your personality, and I think that was the point of the activity. The starbucks is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I've never had a blog before. I've only kept a journal for a few days at a time way back in middle school until I forgot I was supposed to write in it everyday. This time, it will be different because it's a blog to further my knowledge and help my teaching career. Plus, I don't have to write everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone without previous blogging experience, I love the detail you put into your work. Your posts are well written and you have a creative side seen in your blog and avatar.

    ReplyDelete