Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thing# 8, mashUps

letter E letter i letter G letter H letter T


The feature that I will really enjoy in the near future is the Mosaic Maker… In fact, it has convinced me to open up a Flickr. I have so many pictures on Facebook that I try to look at myself but am sometimes deterred because of the inconvenience. The mashup that I choose to display on my blog is the “Spell with Flickr” contraption.  I doubt that I will use the spelling mashup at all. Although, it is nice to know about.  I have seen images that used those word imageries before, and I wondered, “How’d they do that?” Now I know.  Mappr is another mashup that I will thoroughly enjoy. I recently came from a road trip to and from Portland, Oregon and I took so many amazing pictures of the landscaping and the sky.  Being able to link those pictures to a point on a map where they were located is a great way to show off my pictures and tell a story of my journey.  Mappr is a great tool to use in class as well, at least when it comes to geography.  When a teacher wants to show some of the historic monuments of different parts of the country or the world, they can use this fun application to get students familiar with the location of the area that they are learning about as well as help them learn of the land marks.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment