Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thing #18, Social Networking


This is the URL to my Twitter account: https://twitter.com/WilliamGravesII

I am very familiar with both social networks.  I prefer Twitter; however, Facebook is a useful website as well.  I like Twitter, because if you follow the right person, you can easily fill your day with inspiring quotations and comments that you can pass on to your students.  I believe Facebook has a more personal feel.  Everybody who I have as a “friend” on Facebook, I have run into in real life.  The people that I associate with on Facebook have crossed my path or they are a part of my life in some way.  Twitter is way different.  Many of those who I follow on Twitter, or who follow me, have never crossed my path in a real life situation.  Many are celebrities or just people who have interesting thoughts cross their mind at any given point during the day (or night).  Therefore, both websites serve a good purpose depending on what you may be looking for.

            I see more academic usage out of Facebook.  If everyone in a class has Facebook, they can all “befriend” each other and commence a brief conversation on the class on the “wall.”  If someone has a question, they can start a public conversation where anybody can input their thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment