Monday, February 11, 2013

Thing #7, Flickr


I am not familiar with Flickr at all, so I think one of their best features is linking their posts with Facebook and Twitter pictures.  Flickr does, however, surpass Facebook and Twitter when it comes to organizing photographs.  A brilliant feature with this recent website anomaly is the Organizr.  You can drag and drop your photographs into sets and collections with ease.  You can sort pictures on Facebook, but they do not make it easy.  I was unaware that Flickr was first to utilize the “tag” function.  I am aware of this function with other websites.  This function makes it easier to locate pictures relative to any description of a picture you are looking for.  It has similar functionality as “keyword” does to a search engine.  The slideshow is not a bad addition to this website either.  It is not only perfect for effortless browsing through a large collection of your photographs, but you can also enjoy effortlessly browsing through other’s collection of pictures.  In addition, since this website primary use is for sharing pictures to the wide world, all of the features cater to those who may want to try interesting and advance fun activities with their photographs.
 
By Andrew @
www.fb.com/lowther.andrew/photos_stream

beautiful image of the sunrise over the rocks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60784165@N04/8460272671/in/explore-2013-02-10/

2 comments:

  1. I like your description on how Flickr is used and how it has some similarities and differences to facebook. I have always seen this feature on my phone but I have never used it and had no idea what it was all about. I like how someone can tag keywords of a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to make it to thing 7 and reading this post gave me some insight about it already. I had no idea that Flickr was the first to use "tag", I used Flickr when I was a kid but haven't been there in so long. I'm sure it's changed and it will take time to learn over.

    ReplyDelete